10 Lessons I Learned from My Husband's Hole-in-One
As 2021 drew to a close, I learned 1️⃣0️⃣ important lessons during an unlikely, once-in-a-lifetime event. On December 30, 2021, my husband Aaron hit a HOLE-IN-ONE⛳️💥🏌️♂️at our local golf club!!
According to PGA of America, only 1-2% of golfers score “an ace” in a given year. And on average a player golfs 24 YEARS BEFORE he/she makes a hole-in-one.
That’s almost a quarter of a century- can you believe that?
Here are the 10 things I learned on that exciting afternoon:
1. Always surround yourself with a team of great people.
2. Have friends who’ll drop everything to celebrate your success on a random Thursday afternoon.
3. You don’t need the most expensive equipment to achieve exceptional outcomes.
4. Your approach doesn’t have to be conventional to be effective (NOTE: his preferred and unorthodox golf footwear)
5. You can still compete successfully with people who’ve been at it longer and have more skills than you do.
6. CONSISTENCY is key- Aaron has been at it for 16 years and played hundreds of rounds.
7. Don’t give up- Plenty of drives have gone in the bunker or the water, but each week he goes back to the course.
8. Music makes everything better (he routinely pumps 90s rap in the cart).
9. HAVE FUN whether you’re playing your best or worst round.
10. You gotta PLAY if you want a chance for VICTORY!